Thursday 7 November 2013

The Boathouse - Pub Restaurant Rooms- Kilsyth


Finding somewhere nice to eat I think it a tricky task, especially in a city like Glasgow where there are sooo many options!

This is me and my husbands favourite place to eat, whenever the idea of lunch or dinner out appears this is always out first option.

Based at Auchinstarry Marina, an absolutely stunning place to go on a summers day, this is the second restaurant to open from the Townhouse Chain, the other being The Wheelhouse at the Falkirk Wheel.

The Boathouse is a bar and restaurant and also has 10 rooms if you fancy a peaceful stay over. With an extensive menu featuring brunch, starters, tapas, main meals, desserts and cocktails there is something on the menu for everyone.  A 20 minute drive from Glasgow it's not to far to venture out.

We have eaten here many times and never had a bad meal yet. Being a small local place everything about it is special and personal. The staff are really friendly, the setting is beautiful and the food is all handmade and delicious!

One weekend we decided to take a trip over and as it's usually busy at the weekends I decided to use the on line booking system which lets you instantly book a table with just a few clicks. I booked it at 3pm for 5pm and that was it, I know with other food places you are unable to use the on line booking system within 24 hours of reservation but with the Boathouse you can book a table for when ever suits, great for a last minute lunch plan.

Great Mid-Week Deal!
Menu
Cocktails

I love switching my meals up and often order something different when we go out. I had a sneaky peak at the specials menu and decided on the Chilli Chicken Ramen Noodle which is right up my street, a grilled chicken breast on a bed of noodles and broth this was the perfect light dinner for me, and as you can see from the picture it was a really big portion. My husband ordered the Texan Burger, a beef burger with bacon, cheese and BBQ sauce this monster burger also comes with seasoned fries to but being a hungry boy he opted to add onion rings for an extra £1. These onion rings were huge and for £1 great value, nothing worse than paying £4 for 5 little tiny onion rings.

Texan Burger £11.25 + Onion Rings £1
Chilli Chicken Ramen Noodles £11.25
Now onto the best part of any meal, pudding!  I was full after eating my main so instead of a standard huge dessert I opted for a hot chocolate and a cookie which was a lovely treat and nice way to end my meal.  The hot chocolate arrived in a gorgeous class and for some reason I felt like I was in a Santa Claus Movie while drinking from it?? Don't ask me why, I know I know I am strange sometimes :)  Topped with cream and marshmallows it was like a glass of heaven, creamy and full of chocolate flavour, perfect in my eyes and just to be a little bit extra naughty I decided to go for a caramel cookie, which was soft like a cookie should be, hate it when you expect a nice soft cookie and instead it's a biscuit you get grrrrr.  Hungry hubby again opted for a monster pudding, the chocolate chip sundae which was part the days specials.  A tall glass with chocolate chip cookie, chocolate and vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce this is a dessert lovers dream!  I can't comment on how this tasted as hubby demolished it all before I got a look in!  

Hot Chocolate £2.95 + Caramel Cookie £1.50
Chocolate Chip Sundae £5.55
Both of us had a lovely meal for £40 and having been going to large chain restaurants for years and their prices being twice of these, the value for money and quality of food here is outstanding.   

The Boathouse is and will be a firm favourite of ours for years to come!

View from our table

                       For more information, menu's and booking system check out their website.
Post moved from my beauty blog

No comments:

Post a Comment